Monday, April 18, 2011

Coupon Mania!

Yep.  I have jumped on the coupon bandwagon.  I know. I know.  I really do know how some people feel about "couponers".  I was the same way myself.  I thought it wasn't worth the effort and I thought that only "poor" people used coupons.  Boy was I wrong on both accounts!

I have only been using coupons since the first of March.  So, it is all pretty new to me.  However, I have to say that I am AMAZED at how much money I save.  Actually,  I am pretty darn mad that I have EVER paid full price for some of the items I have paid full price for over the years!

Today was pretty fun.  I ended up scoring 8 FREE bottles of body wash and some other screaming deals!

Here is my loot from today:

There are some pretty high ticket items in there, like the body wash ($4.99 each, regular price), deodorant ($3.54 each, regular price), and the Olay  Regenerist Face Wash ($5.99 each, regular price), the Connect-4 Game ($19.95 regular price).  

The retail price of the items I purchased to day was, are you ready for it?  It was, $131.72.  Yep.  In years past, that is exactly what I would have paid for it too.

Today?  Well, today, I paid a total of $23.64.  Yes indeed!  I saved just over 83% on my purchases today.  I am pretty happy about it too :)  Especially since none of the stores in my area double coupons.  If they did, my total would have been MUCH less than that!

So, basically I got all of the items above for only $3.69 more than what I would have just paid for the Connect-4 game alone!

It is definitely the thrill of the hunt when I go shopping now.  I try and see how low I can get that total to go before I walk out the door.

The cashier was pretty impressed today.  He gave me my first total, and then when I handed him my coupons and he finished the final total he said, "Holy cow!  That's crazy!"  I just smiled and left the store thinking about how much money I saved and how my stash at home is growing by the minute at relatively little or no cost to my family.  Gotta love that!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ok so you need to have a little one on one class with ME! I really have wanted to do this, but have never done it right. You up for that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a class as well! Which store did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be happy to! It is a learning process and I am STILL learning! I went to Target and Albertsons. I am always amazed at the coupon deals I can get at Target!

    ReplyDelete