Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Step Closer. . .

One step closer to being done with my journey to my bachelors degree.  It is exciting and strange all at the same time.  It has been a long process with a lot of starts and stops along the way.  At times I wondered if I would ever be done, now there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.

I officially have 2 classes and student teaching until I am finished with my degree.  My degree will be a Bachelors in K-6 Elementary Education with an ESL (English as a Second Language) Endorsement.  It almost doesn't seem real that I am so close to being done.

The crazy part about all of this?  Well, I won't ever student teach.  How?  The school district had 3 internship positions open up for next school year.  I decided to go ahead and apply (even though I felt the odds were against me getting a position).  I applied, and I was awarded one of the 3 positions.  I will officially be teaching a 5th grade class next school year.  I was in shock for about a week.  Even though I am extremely nervous, I think it will be a great opportunity to learn and grow in the teaching profession.

Because of my internship, I have to take one of my two remaining classes this summer.  Between that and getting ready for next school year, I won't have much of a summer break, but it should all be worth it in the end.

It is hard to believe that I am so close to actually having a real diploma in my hands. . .

3 comments:

  1. This is so great! Congrats, Lori! You are going to be an excellent teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you. You will be a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Lori! You worked so hard, you deserve it :-)

    ReplyDelete