Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer?

Is it Summer?  Really?  I think I have forgotten what the FUN days of Summer are supposed to be!  Last Summer was spent dealing with Jake's head injury.  Time in Primary Children's.  Back and forth for check ups after he was released from the hospital, and trying to get settled in our new home.  There was no vacation.  No down time.  No fun.

This Summer isn't much different.  I have been so busy getting ready to teach 5th grade next year that I haven't had time to do anything fun.  Nada.  Nothing.  Zero.  Zilch.

To top it off, I only have 12 short days of freedom left before I am back attending another class at the college.  Then I will be trying to get ready for next school year while doing homework and attending class.  What kind of a Summer is that?  Not much of one!

I find life a bit funny right now.  You see, my FAVORITE thing to do is travel.  I love leaving town and exploring other places. . .wanna know something sad?  I haven't been on any kind of vacation (short or otherwise) since January 2009.  What is up with that?  HECK, I haven't even left the city I live in for an overnight trip of any kind since I went to the scrapbook expo in March!  What the?  Man, my life is BORING!

I think I am feeling a bit antsy.  I wish I had the time and the resources to take off and do something fun. We used to try and take a family vacation of some sort every year.  We haven't done that in so long that I think my kids have forgotten what a family vacation is!!!

Oh well, enough of the pity party.  I must remember to be thankful for what I have and not worry about what I don't have.  Right?  Right!

I think I must be getting a little stir crazy.  Too much time working and not enough time playing.  It will all be worth it after I graduate in December.  Right???

No comments:

Post a Comment