Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PLEASE Let Him Be Okay. . .

I am stressing out. I just told my son that he can go to school tomorrow. I am stressing about it. I got the okay from the doctors, as long as my son PROMISES to take it easy. They aren't doing anything exciting tomorrow. Just turning in books and signing yearbooks.

We already made arrangements for a friend of his to sit by him and keep an eye on him on the bus. Other friends and all the teachers know to keep an eye on him at school. My son knows what he can and cannot do. Two feet on the ground at all times. No running. No roughhousing. No jumping. No tipping back on chairs. In other words, nothing but walking or sitting. Sounds exciting, huh?

He has begged me to let him go tomorrow. I am seriously nervous, but I know that he needs the social interaction and I know that there are a lot of kids worried about him since his accident. They would all love to see him and to know that he is okay.

It will just be hard to let him go and HOPE that nothing happens to bump his head. I told him that maybe he should wear his motocross helmet all day. He didn't go for it. Can't imagine why.

Next week we go back to Primary Children's for more tests. I certainly hope that we find that everything is healing well. Until then, please keep your fingers crossed for me that everything is going to be okay.

Who would have thought that sending your child to school for one day could be so stressful!?!

1 comment:

  1. I think every mom would sympathize with you!! So how did it go? Did you get a nice, boring report from him? :)

    ReplyDelete