Sunday, May 2, 2010

IRONMAN and Cheapskate Dance


At the finish line:
Finish line

Halfway through the marathon

Hanging out with cousins downtown :) during the Iron Man

Iron Man! We went down to the finish line last night and watched some of the athletes cross the finish line. It was an amazing thing to see. It is so unfathomable to me that these people can push their bodies to do what they did. 2.4 mile swim; 112 mile bike ride; 26.2 mile run.

One thing that I wasn't able to get a picture of, but sure wished I could have, was a guy who had crashed on his bike and broken his collar bone in 3 places and was still there completing the marathon. He had his arm all bandaged to his side and had a bag of ice on his shoulder. Now that is what I call dedication!


CHEAPSKATE Dinner

80's Fitness Posing



Ninja Destruction!
Cheapskate dance! The theme for the dance was 80's Fitness. They came up with some interesting looking clothes, don't you think??? The idea behind the dance is to make the entire date as CHEAP as possible. So, some of them hit thrifts stores to find clothes, others raided their parents closets. Then dinner was paper plates, plastic cups, and pizza with ice cream sundaes for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. How FUN!! I don't remember my HS ever having any other types of fun dances besides the formal proms, and I don't think the HS here has too many dances like that. Darn it! I LOVE when schools put on fun things like this. Cool pics!!

    ReplyDelete