Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You Get What You Ask For. . .

Tonight I took my youngest son to get a bite to eat. You see I felt like a bad mother because I had finals today and could not make it over to his school for the "Family Lunch" that they had today. He seemed fine with dinner instead (he actually said it was a much better idea) so, my guilt was able to subside. That is the down side of being in school. My schedule is probably less flexible than it is if I were working.

So, we are sitting at dinner (El Pollo Loco, yum!) and my son offered me a bite of his churro. Here is how it went down.

Him- "Do you want a bite of my churro"

Me- "Nope, buddy, I am getting too fat."

Him- "Think about it mom. At least you aren't a fat as (insert name of an obese person you know, I am omitting the name he said to protect the innocent)."

So, I am wondering. . .was that some kind of a compliment? Or was it a way to say, "Yep, you are fat, just not as fat as so-in-so. Haha!

I guess you get what you ask for :)

1 comment:

  1. ROFL!!! Love the innocence/blutness/tactfulness of our chillin's. :)

    ReplyDelete