Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Got Gas? Know How?

Love my daughter.  She is smart.  Intelligent.  Pretty.  I could go on and on.  Sometimes though she makes me stop and say, WHAT?  Yesterday she informed me that she needed to take my car to piano lessons because the Jeep was out of gas and, are you ready for this, because I sure wasn't. . .SHE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO PUT GAS IN THE CAR.  (Eyes bulging out here).  She has had her drivers license for 9 months and a learners permit for almost a year prior to that.  How did that happen?

So, to remedy the problem, I immediately took her to the gas station and showed her how to start the pump and fill the car with gas.  I decided that she would be fine while the gas pumped and I would go fill up my drink while she finished up.  Then, I changed my mind.  SO GLAD I DID!!!

Do you know the gas scene from Zoolander?



It almost happened at Maverick yesterday.  My smart, intelligent, beautiful, daughter tried to pull the gas pump out of the car while still pulling up on the handle.  (Insert screaming mother here).  I grabbed the pump from her and informed her that maybe she needed another lesson in pumping gas.  Oh dear.What a day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! What a funny girl you have. I did have to give her a hard time when she stopped by yesterday. Glad to see she has a vehicle to drive though, so you don't have to share yours anymore:) That is when hers is full of gas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm now following you too!! ;)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete