Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Almost Done. . .

Yesterday was spent registering my kiddos for school at their new/old schools. Confusing? YES! It was hilarious because at the Elementary school (where I was a substitute teacher for 3 years) the secretary was SO confused as to why my son was a new student. He had gone to school there since Kindergarten and then just missed one year while we were up north. . .she knew who we were and was very puzzled when I said I had a new student to register. I reminded her that we were gone last year and then all was well :)

The same thing happened over at the Intermediate school. The secretary looked at "Bones" and was like, "Wait, you aren't a new student, because I know you have been a student here." LOL!

Leave it up to us to confuse everyone :) It's okay, because we are feeling a little confused ourselves.

I cannot believe how expensive it is to register my kids for school! CRAZY! I paid almost $500 in fees yesterday at the various schools and I am not done paying yet. SHEESH! I was in shock. My daughter had $200 in fees yesterday, and then I was told she will have another $165 in fees after school starts because of volleyball (if she makes the team) and for an orchestra concert dress. I don't know how families with more than 5 kids afford all the school fees every year!

The Finau's officially left this morning. After just over a month long visit, they have hit the road and are heading back to the Dakota's. It was fun to have them here. I was impressed how well the kids got along. Considering that we were all staying together in such a small space, it was amazing that there wasn't really any arguing or fighting. They all had a great time.

Summer is almost over, at least as far as the Summer break from school is concerned. The kids have one week left until school starts and then it will be back to business as usual.

Until next time. . .

1 comment:

  1. I keep forgetting to change your blog addy! I'm glad I found ya again- I love reading all about your fun times. ROFL about "Joey"!! :)

    ReplyDelete