Friday, August 28, 2009

Makin' Me Smile. . .

Things that are making me happy today:

1. The whistling coming from the kitchen.

The first time I heard this whistle was when my baby wasn't even 2 years old. I was at home cleaning the house and I heard someone whistling. The only one home with me was my baby who was about 1 1/2 at the time. I couldn't figure out where the whistling was coming from because it certainly couldn't be my baby, right??? I was oh so wrong! About that time, my baby came walking down the hallway whistling to his hearts content. It was the cutest thing ever!!! He still whistles all the time and to this day when I hear that whistle, I will never forget that chubby little toddler walking through the house whistling away!

2. My middle child doing his homework at the computer.

I didn't even have to remind him!!! WAHOO! It feels great when your kid takes responsiblilty for them self. . .makes me feel like I have done at least ONE thing right as a mom :)

3. The sound of the washer.

Normally this sound would be a thorn in my side. I detest doing laundry! Why is this sound making me happy this morning? Because I just put my LAST load in!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! There will be more tomorrow, I know, but for now. . .it is almost done!

4. The sunshine filling the house.

Nothing makes me happier than opening up my blinds first thing every morning to let the sun come flowing into the house. It gives me a sense of a bright and sunny start to a new day.

5. No classes today!

Don't get me wrong, I love school. However, this week has been intense! What was I thinking signing up for not one, but TWO Math classes this semester??? I was in need of a break and I get one today! Even if the day will be spent cleaning and getting ready for the big move tomorrow. At least I won't have to use my brain! Sometimes that is harder than ANY physical labor!

1 comment:

  1. i like this! we could easily find five things that bother us, but you choose to find the happy things..

    ReplyDelete