Thursday, January 28, 2010

Foundation.

**Before I start my post, for those of you who were asking, I put more furniture on Craigslist. The stuff is on my sidebar on my blog. Click on the pic and it will take you to the posting :) **






I know, I know, all I post are pictures of our house right now. I can't help it! It is just so darn exciting!!!

Today I drove by and there were cement trucks parked all around pouring our foundation. Oh boy, did that ever make me smile :) It made it seem more real that we are having a house built when I can actually see where its foundation is.

I survived another week of classes and practicum. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I have been feeling so out of sync. I keep thinking, "Next week won't be as crazy. Next week I will feel like I know what I am doing. Next week I will be more on top of stuff." Well, so far, it isn't happening.

I am not the only one feeling this way. A lot of people in my Cohort at the college are feeling this way. So, at least I know it isn't just me. It is an overwhelming load of work. Six classes (18 credits) and Practicum on top of it. They warned us that it would be all we could do to keep up in the program. Boy oh boy were they right!!!

It will all be worth it though. Once I pass the Praxis and have my diploma in hand, I will be so THRILLED! Then it will be a two year break from school (hopefully a teaching JOB!) and then back to work on my Masters Degree. Yes, as insane as it is right now, it still hasn't deterred me from wanting to continue toward a higher degree. I would LOVE to get my doctorate one day, but we will see.

Today is MY Friday (no school tomorrow) and I couldn't be happier! The sun is shining, the skies are blue and the foundation was poured on my house.
Life is good :D



No comments:

Post a Comment