Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Letter "E"

~GratitudE~
Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe that it is Thanksgiving already! This post will complete 225 things that I am grateful for. 25 starting with each letter in the word gratitude. It has been a though provoking journey. It really made me stop and think about life and that even the little things are something to cherish and be thankful for.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day of family, friends, good food, and memories!

Entertainment- movies, tv, plays, music, and the like.
Eurythmics- I OH SO loved them in high school. My son "Bones" didn't know who they were a few weeks ago and so I gave him a hard time. We immediately went and found some of my old Eurythmics/Annie Lennox music and remedied that situation :)
Elephants- It's not so much that I am a fan of elephants, but my child #4 is. He went through a phase where he was infatuated with them. Anytime I see an elephant, stuffed, real, or otherwise, I am reminded of his childhood fascination with them.
Eagerness- eagerness is such a good thing. It is a driving force.
Eggs- I do so love eggs. Eggs Benedict, scrambled, sunny-side up. I don't eat them very often, but I sure do enjoy them when I do.
Ears- I really think that hearing the sounds around us, even the little things, is something I never gave much thought. Ever since I found out that my youngest child is deaf in one ear, it has brought a new perspective to me on how lucky those of us who have been blessed with our hearing are.
Earnings- no matter how meager or how large they may be, any amount of $ we earn is something to be grateful for.
Earth- this crazy spinning rock is full of laughter, memories, and millions of people making their way through each and every day.
Easy- sometimes isn't life just so great when you get a chance to press the easy button now and again?
Eavesdropping- Okay, so this may sound strange. . .but I have a habit of eavesdropping on the tables around us when we go out to dinner on Saturday nights. Sometimes the conversations are so hilarious! It is fun to see what other people have to say and listen in for just a bit. Not in a malicious way, just a curious way ;)
Ebony- I really do love the color black.
Eccentric- Johnny Depp is eccentric and I do love him. I love people who are willing to live their life exactly how they want, for them, not for anyone else.
Enchiladas- YUM!
Echo- reminds me of being a kid and finding a place where you could hear your echo and standing there and listening to it over and over and over. . .
Eclipse- Yes, the Twilight kind and the other kind too :)
Edgy- I think it is a good thing to be a little bit edgy now and again.
Edible- There are many yummy edible things out there, both healthy and unhealthy to be grateful for.
Edifying- A good book, a good church service, a good class, learning something new.
Education- I have had a long journey on my road to education. 6 years to my AS degree and about 4 so far working toward my BS degree. It is a long process, but you know what? No matter how long it takes, at least at some point I will graduate. I think that education is a life long pursuit, one that should never have a destination, only a journey.
Elf- CHRISTMAS!
Efficiency- Sometimes I get frustrated with how my kids clean their rooms or how people do things, then I remind myself that being efficient means different things to different people, and that is okay.
Eggnog- reminds me of the holidays.
Eight- the number eight has always been my favorite number, couldn't tell you why, just has.
Elders-I am so thankful for the Elders in the mission field who are out there giving up their time for their beliefs. I only hope that one day soon, my oldest son will feel the same way I do.
Electricity- duh! Need I say why? :D

1 comment: